The M-C Financial Credit Union Scholarship Program was established to provide educational funds for members. It is to be awarded to a 2015 graduating high school senior or continuing higher education student.
M-C Financial Credit Union will award scholarships in the form of a check payable to the student, who is enrolled in an accredited college or university for the 2015-2016 academic year school.
Awarding of Scholarships:
M-C Financial Credit Union reserves the right to withhold award of all scholarships if too few qualified applications are received. Decisions will not be based on default. One scholarship application will be accepted per applicant. Decisions are made by the M-C Financial Credit Union Scholarship selection committee. All decisions are final.
Completed application and all documents must be received by M-C Financial Credit Union no later than 4:30 p.m., Monday, June 1, 2015.
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Each applicant must be a current member of M-C Financial Credit Union. Applicant’s account must be in good standing.
- Each applicant must be a 2015 graduating high school
senior or continuing higher education student.
- Applicant must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
Criteria for Application:
It is the responsibility of the applicant to see that all information is received by the Credit Union’s deadline.
You may apply online or pick up a brochure at any office.
Include the following when mailing or submitting online:
- A completed application
- One video presentation ( approx. 2 – 5 minutes)
- Request an official transcript to be mailed to M-C Financial Credit Union in a sealed, stamped envelope.
You may submit the application online but the video must be mailed to the credit union (mailing information at the bottom of this page).
Applicant must submit:
- An official high school transcript for the most current semester available, with the total cumulative grade point average (GPA) on the transcript. Transcript must be received by M-C Financial Credit Union directly from the school in a sealed envelope by the deadline of June 1, 2015.
- A completed M-C Financial Credit Union Scholarship application along with a video. One entry per individual.
About M-C FCU:
M-C prides itself on the credit union philosophy of “people helping people” and fully relies on their corporate values to drive excellent service, brand innovative products, as well as offer a multitude of opportunities and financial services to benefit their members in every stage of life. We emphasize the importance of financial literacy and building a strong financial foundation for young members so that they can fully utilize each service the credit union has to offer. Intrinsically, we are “Building lifelong relationships…One member at a time”. Finding the right credit union is important for your financial future and credit unions across the country have joined the ‘iBelong’ movement to help people find their perfect credit union. Why do people join credit unions? Credit unions are not for profit, and the members are part owners. Credit unions offer better rates with lower fees and the members’ deposits are federally-insured for up to $250,000 by the NCUA.
Discuss the important role a budget plays in supporting a sound financial future. Create an original video of 2-5 minutes in length.
Call the Credit Union Toll-free at 1-800-834-0082.
Important: Please do not send in any part of the application package separately except for your transcript and video. Scholarship applications will not be considered unless all required information is received by the deadline of June 1, 2015.
Submit online or mail application, and send video and transcripts to:
M-C Financial Credit Union
Attn: Scholarship Committee
230 Walnut Street
Danville, PA 17821