The Members Choice Credit Union Scholarship Program was established to provide educational funds for members. It is to be awarded to a 2018 graduating high school senior or continuing higher education student.
Awarding $1000 Scholarships to the best two essays.
Members Choice Credit Union will award two scholarships payable to the student who is enrolled in an accredited college or university for the 2018-2019 academic year school. The decision of MCFCU will be final.
Awarding of Scholarships:
Members Choice Credit Union reserves the right to withhold award of all scholarships if too few qualified applications are received. Decisions will not be based on default. One scholarship application will be accepted per applicant. Decisions are made by Members Choice Financial Credit Union Scholarship selection committee. Scholarship winners will be chosen and announced by May 7, 2018. All decisions are final.
Completed application and all documents must be received by Members Choice Financial Credit Union no later than 4:30 p.m., April 17, 2018.
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Each applicant must be a current member of Members Choice Credit Union. Applicant’s account must be in good standing.
- Each applicant must be a 2018 graduating high school senior or continuing
higher education student (freshman, sophomore or junior). Members Choice FCU employees & graduate students are not eligible.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must submit online a completed application and a 200-word essay pertaining to the Topic. Essays will be scored with attention given to content, spellings, grammar, validity, sincerity, and the applicant’s ability to answer the question.
- Applicants must submit an official high school transcript or continuing education transcript for the most current semester available, with the total cumulativre grade point average (GPA) on the transcript.
Criteria for Application:
It is the responsibility of the applicant to see that all information is received by the Credit Union’s deadline.
Use the form below to upload your document OR email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the following when submitting online:
- A completed application (application can be downloaded here)
- A written essay (at least 200 words)
- Request an official transcript to be mailed to Members Choice Credit Union in a sealed, stamped envelope.
Applicant must submit:
- An official high school transcript for the most current semester available, with the total cumulative grade point average (GPA) on the transcript. Transcript must be received by Members Choice Credit Union, Attn: Emily Showers, 390 Walnut St., Danville, PA 17821; directly from the school in a sealed envelope by the deadline of April 17, 2018.
- A completed Members Choice Credit Union Scholarship application along with an essay. One entry per individual.
If you could implement a program for the Credit Union to reach more of your age demographic, what would it be? Explain why.
Call the Credit Union Toll-free at 1-800-834-0082.
Please do not send in any part of the application package separately except for your transcript. Scholarship applications will not be considered unless all required information is received by April 17, 2018.
Submit application and essay below OR email to: email@example.com
Mail transcripts to:
Members Choice Financial Credit Union
Attn: Emily Showers
390 Walnut Street
Danville, PA 17821
I certify that the information in this application and all accompanying documents are true and correct. I also certify that I personally answered all questions and wrote the essays relating to this scholarship application. I understand that if for any reason I discontinue my studies I must notify Members Choice Credit Union within 10 days. I authorize the Credit Union to use my name and any photographs, or video for publicity purposes.
Members Choice FCU prides itself on the credit union philosophy of “people helping people” and fully relies on their corporate values to drive excellent service, brand innovative products, as well as offer a multitude of opportunities and financial services to benefit their members in every stage of life. We emphasize the importance of financial literacy and building a strong financial foundation for young members so that they can fully utilize each service the credit union has to offer. Intrinsically, we are “Building lifelong relationships…One member at a time”. Finding the right credit union is important for your financial future and credit unions across the country have joined the ‘iBelong’ movement to help people find their perfect credit union. Why do people join credit unions? Credit unions are not for profit, and the members are part owners. Credit unions offer better rates with lower fees and the members’ deposits are federally-insured for up to $250,000 by the NCUA.