The Members Choice Financial Credit Union Scholarship Program was established to provide educational funds for members. It is to be awarded to a 2016-2017 graduating high school senior or continuing higher education student.
Awarding $1000 Scholarships to the best two video/essays.
M-C Financial Credit Union will award two scholarships in the form of a check payable to the student, who is enrolled in an accredited college or university for the 2016-2017 academic year school.
Awarding of Scholarships:
M-C Financial Credit Union reserves the right to withhold award of all scholarships if too few qualified applications are received. Decisions will not be based on default. One scholarship application will be accepted per applicant. Decisions are made by the M-C Financial Credit Union Scholarship selection committee. All decisions are final.
Completed application and all documents must be received by M-C Financial Credit Union no later than 4:30 p.m., June 30, 2016.
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Each applicant must be a current member of M-C Financial Credit Union. Applicant’s account must be in good standing.
- Each applicant must be a 2016 graduating high school
senior or continuing higher education student.
- Applicant must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
Criteria for Application:
It is the responsibility of the applicant to see that all information is received by the Credit Union’s deadline.
You may apply online or pick up a brochure at any office.
Include the following when submitting online:
- A completed application
- One video presentation (approx. 60-120 seconds) or a written essay (at least 200 words)
- Request an official transcript to be mailed to M-C Financial Credit Union in a sealed, stamped envelope.
Applicant must submit:
- An official high school transcript for the most current semester available, with the total cumulative grade point average (GPA) on the transcript. Transcript must be received by M-C Financial Credit Union directly from the school in a sealed envelope by the deadline of June 30, 2016.
- A completed M-C Financial Credit Union Scholarship application along with a video/essay. One entry per individual.
M-C prides itself on the credit union philosophy of “people helping people” and fully relies on their corporate values to drive excellent service, brand innovative products, as well as offer a multitude of opportunities and financial services to benefit their members in every stage of life. We emphasize the importance of financial literacy and building a strong financial foundation for young members so that they can fully utilize each service the credit union has to offer. Intrinsically, we are “Building lifelong relationships…One member at a time”. Finding the right credit union is important for your financial future and credit unions across the country have joined the ‘iBelong’ movement to help people find their perfect credit union. Why do people join credit unions? Credit unions are not for profit, and the members are part owners. Credit unions offer better rates with lower fees and the members’ deposits are federally-insured for up to $250,000 by the NCUA.
Explain the role of credit unions in serving “underserved” markets (few, or no, banking choices locally) or those who are “underbanked” (have no, or a very limited, banking relationship). How can a credit union resolve these issues? How does this benefit the individual and the community?
Call the Credit Union Toll-free at 1-800-834-0082.
Important: Please do not send in any part of the application package separately except for your transcript and video. Scholarship applications will not be considered unless all required information is received.
Submit application and video/essay online to: email@example.com
Mail transcripts to:
Members Choice Financial Credit Union
Attn: Emily Showers
230 Walnut Street
Danville, PA 17821