As a local financial institution, M-C has remained committed to our members and the community. Unlike banks, M-C is owned by members and run by members. At M-C, we’re constantly looking for ways to engage with our members and build a sense of community in the areas we serve. Our business plan is simple: Unbreakable security, unbeatable service, and universal success. M-C is searching for desirable employees that share these core values and goals. If you desire a career that offers a competitive salary and benefits, personal and professional growth, a dynamic and diverse workplace, a fun and family work environment, then you’ve come to the right place. The following career opportunities are currently available within our organization.
Current Job Openings:
Current Job Openings:
The Member Service Representative (MSR) is a primary service delivery employee focused on delivering solutions to potential and existing members. This role demands a high level of focus in three areas; attention to detail (doing it right the first time), technical expertise (transaction workflows / policy & procedures), and engaged and courteous service. This position will be included in the Saturday coverage rotation. Essential Functions
1. Live the Corporate Values . MSR’s will understand and conduct business under the philosophy of M-C Corporate Values:
Leadership through the relentless pursuit of excellence “own the results.”
Respect for all, integrity always “be open; be honest.”
One team committed to common goals “get there together.”
Everyone plays “an important part in our success.”
Leading change through innovation “invent the future.”
2. Deliver outstanding member service . From the moment of contact (phone, internet, or in person) MSR will be fully engaged with the member providing their undivided attention on delivering superior service.
Strong written and verbal communication skills essential to service delivery.
A positive attitude with members, staff, and the management team is expected at all times.
3. Core System transaction competency . MSR’s will be proficient in all Core system transactions enabling them to provide solutions to all member transaction requests. This competency will be evaluated annually as part of the performance evaluation process.
Executing the transaction correctly the first time will be the performance metric, along with over / short and voids.
4. Policy / Procedure knowledge . MSR’s will understand and uphold all policy and procedures related to the business they conduct. This competency will be evaluated annually as part of the performance evaluation process.
5. Regulatory Compliance . MSR’s will understand all credit union compliance procedures. Specifically, BSA, Funds Availability Policy and Reg Z, at a Subject Matter Expert (SME) level. Compliance is not limited to the above referenced areas.
6. Product / Service knowledge . MSR’s will understand and promote all of the products and services offered by M-C. This includes ongoing promotions, advertised specials, and community messaging. This competency will be evaluated annually as part of the performance evaluation process. Specifically:
Basic knowledge on investment products; Certificates of Deposit, IRA, Roth IRA, Coverdell IRA. MSR’s will be able to promote our competitive rates. Rate Watch is a tool the MSR must be able to utilize to assist members in the decision process.
Basic knowledge on loan product offerings (Home Equity, 1st Mortgage, Auto Loan, Student Loan, Credit Card, Personal Loan). The MSR must be capable of initiating the application process, providing information related to application questions and then execute a referral of the member to a loan officer. MSR’s will assist in making the member an appointment with the Loan Officer.
Basic knowledge of M-C electronic product offerings for Online Banking, BillPay, Mobile Banking, Audio Banking, Text Banking and remote deposit. Specifically ability to enroll, unlock, reset, or de-enroll on a daily basis.
Basic knowledge of the new account process including follow up requirements to ensure member satisfaction. Specifically, Debit Cards, Checks, Electronic Services, or Loan products
7. Capitalize on opportunities to increase member utilization of products and services offered as a solution to their needs. The MSR will be evaluated on their level of engagement in this area annually as part of the performance evaluation process.
8. Know our Business . MSR’s will be capable of providing information concerning the credit union products and services, policies, general information; what is a credit union, eligibility for membership, how to apply for membership, type of accounts available, insurance coverage of shares, loan policies, interest rates charged on loans, how interest on loan payments are computed, how dividends on shares are computed, when dividends post, the location of the credit union and branches, office hours and telephone numbers and web address.
9. Computer Literacy . The MSR will be proficient in all online and core systems. Microsoft Word and Excel basics are a requirement of this position.
10. Communications Expectations . Daily the MSR will check and respond, in a timely manner, to all email as part of their daily assigned responsibilities. Email is the designated corporate communication tool and the expectation is that it is managed on a daily basis.
11. Confidentiality Expectations : All member information is protected on a need to know basis. MSR’s must address this requirement with full attention. Violations in this area are grounds for termination.
12. Functional Duties : MSR’s will on a daily basis open and close the computer terminal; account for assigned cash and transactions; balance to the terminal teller report; remit receipts to the Lead MSR/Supervisor.
13. Provide assistance with electronic services to members such as Online Banking, BillPay, Mobile Banking, Audio Banking, Text Banking; specifically the ability to enroll, unlock, reset, or de-enroll on a daily basis. Refer to SME as required.
14. Integrity : Accurately report time worked into the employer identified timecard system per established deadlines. Attendance and punctuality at work is critical.
15. Specific duties relating to specialty tasks are to be executed at an SME level. Specifically, bond redemptions, office supplies management, ATM balancing, in-house report generation, CUNA Mutual report input and generation, e-statement, and share draft clearing.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should use the below form to submit your resume and cover letter
How to Apply