The MC Federal Credit Union Scholarship Program was established to provide educational funds for members. It is to be awarded to a current high school senior or continuing higher education student.
MC Federal Credit Union will award two scholarships in the amount of $1000 each to the student(s) who are enrolled in an accredited college or university for the upcoming academic school year. Decisions are final.
Awarding of Scholarships:
MC Federal Credit Union reserves the right to withhold award of all scholarships if too few qualified applications are received. Decisions will not be based on default. One scholarship application will be accepted per applicant. Decisions are made by MC Federal Credit Union Scholarship selection committee. All decisions are final.
The MC Federal Scholarship Contest has not yet begun. Check back for more information.
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Each applicant must be a current member of MC Federal Credit Union. Applicant’s account must be in good standing.
- Each applicant must be a 2022 graduated high school senior or continuing
higher education student (freshman, sophomore or junior). MC Federal Credit Union employees & graduate students are not eligible.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must submit online a completed application and a 200-word essay pertaining to the Topic. Essays will be scored with attention given to content, spellings, grammar, validity, sincerity, and the applicant’s ability to answer the question.
- Applicants must submit an official high school transcript or continuing education transcript for the most current semester available, with the total cumulative grade point average (GPA) on the transcript.
2020 Scholarship Essay Topic: Credit Unions have a philosophy of “People Helping People” and Community Enrichment; How will your college education and experience help make you a better member of your community?
2019 Scholarship Essay Topic: Credit Union membership is growing; however, credit unions only hold a small percentage in the financial services industry. What are the most important factors behind the choices individuals make in selecting a financial partner? How would you go about increasing Credit Union awareness?