The Members Choice Credit Union Scholarship Program was established to provide educational funds for members. It is to be awarded to a current high school senior or continuing higher education student.
Members Choice Credit Union will award two scholarships in the amount of $1000 each to the student(s) who are enrolled in an accredited college or university for the upcoming academic school year. Decisions are final.
Awarding of Scholarships:
Members Choice Credit Union reserves the right to withhold award of all scholarships if too few qualified applications are received. Decisions will not be based on default. One scholarship application will be accepted per applicant. Decisions are made by Members Choice Financial Credit Union Scholarship selection committee. Scholarship winners will be chosen and announced May 8th, 2020. All decisions are final.
2020 Deadline has been reached. Check back in Spring of 2021
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Each applicant must be a current member of Members Choice Credit Union. Applicant’s account must be in good standing.
- Each applicant must be a 2021 graduating high school senior or continuing
higher education student (freshman, sophomore or junior). Members Choice FCU employees & graduate students are not eligible.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must submit online a completed application and a 200-word essay pertaining to the Topic. Essays will be scored with attention given to content, spellings, grammar, validity, sincerity, and the applicant’s ability to answer the question.
- Applicants must submit an official high school transcript or continuing education transcript for the most current semester available, with the total cumulative grade point average (GPA) on the transcript.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to see that all information is received by the Credit Union’s deadline.
To apply online, use the form below to upload your document OR email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the following when submitting the application online:
- A completed application
- A written essay (at least 200 words)
- Request an official transcript to be mailed to Members Choice Credit Union in a sealed, stamped envelope.
Applicant must submit:
- An official high school transcript for the most current semester available, with the total cumulative grade point average (GPA) on the transcript. Transcript must be received by Members Choice Credit Union, Attn: Emily Showers, 1339 Saint Mary St, Suite 1, Lewisburg, PA 17837; directly from the school in a sealed envelope by the deadline of April 10th, 2020.
- A completed Members Choice Credit Union Scholarship application along with an essay. One entry per individual.
Essay Topic: Credit Unions have a philosophy of “People Helping People” and Community Enrichment; How will your college education and experience help make you a better member of your community?
Members Choice FCU prides itself on the credit union philosophy of “people helping people” and fully relies on their corporate values to drive excellent service, brand innovative products, as well as offer a multitude of opportunities and financial services to benefit their members in every stage of life. We emphasize the importance of financial literacy and building a strong financial foundation for young members so that they can fully utilize each service the credit union has to offer. Intrinsically, we are “Building lifelong relationships…One member at a time”. Finding the right credit union is important for your financial future and credit unions across the country have joined the ‘iBelong’ movement to help people find their perfect credit union. Why do people join credit unions? Credit unions are not for profit, and the members are part owners. Credit unions offer better rates with lower fees and the members’ deposits are federally-insured for up to $250,000 by the NCUA.
The 2020 Scholarship Application deadline has been reached. Check back in Spring of 2021 for more information.
For any questions or concerns please call the Credit Union Toll-free at 1-800-834-0082
Please do not send in any part of the application package separately except for your transcript. Scholarship applications will not be considered unless all required information is received by April 10th, 2020
Submit application and essay below OR email to: email@example.com
Mail transcripts to:
Members Choice Financial Credit Union
Attn: Emily Showers
1339 Saint Mary St, Suite 1, Lewisburg, PA 17837
I certify that the information in this application and all accompanying documents are true and correct. I also certify that I personally answered all questions and wrote the essays relating to this scholarship application. I understand that if for any reason I discontinue my studies I must notify Members Choice Credit Union within 10 days. I authorize the Credit Union to use my name and any photographs, or video for publicity purposes.
2020 Scholarship Essay Topic: Credit Unions have a philosophy of “People Helping People” and Community Enrichment; How will your college education and experience help make you a better member of your community?
2019 Scholarship Essay Topic: Credit Union membership is growing; however, credit unions only hold a small percentage in the financial services industry. What are the most important factors behind the choices individuals make in selecting a financial partner? How would you go about increasing Credit Union awareness?