Invest in Your Future!
We offer financial literacy materials to all of the high schools in the five counties we serve. We also offer classroom instruction. This is a significant investment we make with our financial and staff commitment, but the return is priceless. We provide education to over 1,000 students each year to help prepare them to be financially responsible. Education is at the forefront and plays an essential role to building a solid financial future. We are hoping to make a difference in the lives of students and the lives of their families by introducing financial literacy.
Our Chief Member Experience Officer, Elba, has a passion for financial literacy. This has reflected not just in all the classes she has led and taught in the surrounding areas the past few years, but also when she accepted the Pennsylvania State Desjardin Award in 2019. Elba and her team deliver education to members, not-for-profit organizations, churches, businesses and the Hispanic community through classes and one-on-one counseling. As a result, Members Choice financial literacy program impacts our local communities in a positive way. In the past year the credit union has increased its reach significantly in the communities we serve.
In the 6 week program, Elba and her team go over accounts and fees, budgeting, rates, fraud, and credit and debit products. The class is focused on teaching basic economic empowerment skills and financial knowledge to serve as a road map to financial well-being.
For more information on these classes or to sign up when they are available, please contact Elba at 800-834-0082, view our Financial Literacy brochure, or fill out our Financial Literacy contact form.
Members Choice is pleased to announce the member benefit – GreenPath.
As a valued member of Members Choice FCU, we are committed to serving you. And as a benefit to you, we are providing you with free access to money management and financial education services.
Members Choice has teamed up with GreenPath in order to bring you GreenPath Financial Wellness, a financial education and counseling program. Through comprehensive education and exceptional service, GreenPath has been assisting individuals for more than 50 years.
As a member of Members Choice FCU, you can receive assistance with:
- Personal and family budgeting
- Understanding your personal credit report and how to improve your score
- Personal money management
- Debt repayment (fees may apply)
- Avoiding bankruptcy, foreclosure, and repossession
GreenPath can give personalized answers to your individual needs. For issues ranging from a proactive savings plan to saving a home from foreclosure, advice is only a phone call away.
GreenPath counselors are available Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (EST), Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. To use this valuable service, simply call 1-877-337-3399 or visit GreenPath on the web.
- Establish a budget
- Track spending
- View tips for improving areas of overspending or inadequate saving
- Experiment with “what if” scenarios to determine how a major purchase or change in income would impact your budget
Click on the budget smart logo to download the program to your computer FREE of charge, and you’re on your way to creating your own personalized budget!
- How to deal with and avoid common anxiety-causing situations such as missed due dates, overdrafts, and rejected transactions
- The benefits of mobile account management
- Which plastic card to use (i.e., ATM cards, debit cards, credit cards)
- What ChexSystems is and how you can overcome any roadblocks associated with it
- How to clear items from the mystical QualiFile